Today we got informed that presentation date is changed from 14 of June to 25 of May, I decided to end the design part a bit earlier than planned to make time to make a good presentation in time. I will finish my stones and give my full focus on the gameplay. I am excited to see how it will look in the end. less then 4 weeks left, feels so good to start to see what I have accomplished.
I placed stones up my river, but had some Challenges when the lag came and took over the game. The stones are not that big, but I think the mesh collider on all of them was a bit much for the scene. But I feel it was interesting that the stones was the thing to make the game be slow. But that made me take a decision. I will make the game complete with the gameplay before I focus any more on the design. There will always be more that I can change. For now it is more important to have a playable game to deliver then the perfect design.
I made this waterfall and it is missing something to be realistic, but it looks much better then when I started. Because this is not a focus I think I will leave it like this. it gives movement and charm to the game.
One month left, time flies by. It feels so exciting to see all I have accomplished. I, therefore made this funny snap inside my game. Have a great day everyone! 😀
I had a good meeting today with Amit and Filipe. We went over what is important for the last month. I was focusing on the textures, but we agreed that it was important to get the game playable before the end of the year. I need to make some things before the time is over.
Inside the game
Place stones around the game
Fog on the river
Dimmer the reflection on the river
Bend the river
Scale wood fence
– Make it playable!
Outside the Game
Pack the game
Pack textures and files
Write personal report
Pack Blog in one document
Make Artstation Good
Needless to say, I have so much more to do. I will need to focus on making the game playable, and it is short time to do it all. I will give myself a week to make the design, a week to make the game, a week to write and one to deliver. Last month of hard work before delivery.
I used a torch model from the Viking Village and added my wood texture and made some texture of burned wood from a fire I made this winter. This was a good combination. the edge between the wood is a bit hard, but with the fire particle it will look better. I found a fire particle and changed the color, size and behavior to match the torch. I made a prefab to make it easier to place them around in the scene.
I started to make my own textures for the speed tree I found in Unity store. I used some leaf texture I found this fall and made them turn and look like branches with leaf. I think it looks good, I could use some variation i the leafs if I find some time extra. But I will focus on getting a complete scene first.
Before and after
I planned to use the house from The Viking Village, but when I imported it into 3D Max it was high poly and a lot of triangles. When I unwrapped the model it looked good, but something was not right with the model. The texture looked like it was oily, it moved around when you looked at it and moved.
Old and new house model.
I modeled a new house and textures it. The texture looks okay, I have some challenges with the roof. I like grass on the rood, but it does not look realistic. Might make a plank roof of there is time.